A new project - My Denmark TV

At the beginning of the year, I received an email from the producer of a web-tv show called My Denmark TV (http://www.mydenmarktv.com) asking if I was interesting in promoting the show on my blog. This was the first I'd heard about the show, which first began in May 2009. I suggested we meet to discuss possibilities for co-operating together.

This quickly lead to me agreeing to join the team at My Denmark TV as a co-host and editor of the show. As the show is entirely self-financed with no sponsors or advertisers supporting it, this is just a 'fun' project. However, there are several facets of the show which made the decision to accept this new role an easy one for me to make.

First and foremost, I enjoy working with fascinating and inspiring people, which this team certainly is. What they have accomplished in a few short months since the show first launched, with the absolute minimum of resources, is amazing.

Secondly, the production quality of the show is superb given the resource constraints, which for me is absolutely crucial if a project like this is to be taken seriously, and ultimately have long term success. There is no question that the production and editorial quality of the show is exactly where it needs to be in this area.

Thirdly, my strengths are on the editorial and content side, something that a show of this nature can never have too much of. On top of this working with video is something I have been interested in doing more with for the past several months - so it's not at all surprising to me that an opportunity like this should come along.

And finally, to my knowledge this is the
only English-language web tv show coming out of Denmark, which means the potential for future development, reaching an audience inside of Denmark and around the globe, and further developing the show and website, is enormous.

Working on camera is something brand new for me - so I face a steep learning curve. I've taped a few segments of the show already, the first of them where I am briefly introduced as a new co-host of the show is now up on the show's website ...of you can click below to watch it.



 
Episode #38 - MyDenmarkTV.com from MyDenmarkTV on Vimeo.



I'll be putting episodes of the show up on my blog each week, but for more info, or to sign up for a weekly email reminder when the show is released each week, click over to www.mydenmarktv.com.

3 Response to "A new project - My Denmark TV"

  1. Jenni says:

    wow :)
    that's a nice experience!
    i'm currently an exchange student in Copenhagen University and have followed your blog for quite a while, please update us with more info about Copenhagen :D:D:D I found your blog to be quite useful!

    Tim says:

    Thanks for the encouragement Jennifer! :-D

    Anonymous says:

    I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace klara.

Powered by Blogger